Fall is here and it's time to get hearty! Check out this AMAZING recipe that has plenty of veggies, will fill you up, and get you all the protein you need to feel great after your workout!
UNSTUFFED CABBAGE ROLL SKILLET
12 oz 93% lean ground turkey
29 oz petite diced tomatoes (two 14.5 oz cans)
1 medium head green cabbage chopped
1 medium yellow onion diced
2 cloves garlic minced
1 tbsp olive oil
1 tsp dried or fresh parsley for garnish
- Preheat oven to 400 F.
- Heat olive oil in skillet and add chopped onions, diced garlic and ground turkey.
- Once the turkey begins to brown add the canned petite diced tomatoes and cook for 8-10 minutes on medium heat stirring frequently.
- Stir in diced cabbage and cook for an additional 3-5 minutes.
Note: If you do not have a skillet that is oven safe, transfer the unstuffed cabbage roll mixture into a baking dish before baking.
- Place skillet in the oven and cook for 10 minutes or until the liquid has thickened and top begins to brown.
- Removed skillet from oven and garnish with fresh parsley.
- Optional: serve with brown rice or quinoa and roasted veggies.