Many people show up to the gym in their work out clothes, trainers on their feet, water bottle in their hand, and a sunny disposition in their heart. Some of us bring a bag to the gym. Some bring a much larger bag than others. But typically they have the same core components inside. So… what do I carry around with me all day every day? I always have 4 things, my harness, my chalk bag, my soft climbing shoes and my try-hard climbing shoes. (Oh shoot, wrong bag!)In my big’ol gym bag I have (on a Greg-ular day)
- ComputerI do work here after all and I need something to write these blogs with.
- Wrist wrapsI got these a while ago to help with some over head wrist pains, I don’t have them anymore (knock on wood) but I keep them around just in case pain ever decides to reer is evil head.
- Jump RopeIf you come to this gym and bring a bag, you should probably own your own rope by now.
- Gymnastic GripsIf i’m going to be spending any long period of time hanging from the pull up bar I need to protect my velvety little paws with my grips.
- Weird PillsOk they aren't that weird, but they are Ibuprofen (because i’m alway sore), turmeric, for joint health, and magnesium because someone told me I should pop some of that for some reason. (I honestly don't know. Muscle soreness? Counteract Peanut MnMs? HA! There is not counteracting those)
- ClothesAt any given time in my bag I try to keep at least 2-3 extra pairs of socks, a spare cut-off (incase I get a moment to get a work out in and sleeves suck), My Head bands, to keep my forehead work out tears from mixing with my real “why am I doing this to myself” tears, spare pair of underoos I somehow have time and decide to shower after said work out, an extra coaching shirt (still work here) and I probably forgot to take out a few pairs of dirty socks? (gross).
- Titanium SporkWhich I use to eat my hot lunches when I have the time.
- Tiny ScrewdriverTo fix all the jump ropes that break, and anyones glasses when they burpees over the bar SOOOO hard their glasses fly off, land under another athlete, and get demolished.
- SnacksCliff bars, fruit snacks, some sort of edible thing to get some carbs and sugar into my system when I'm in need. But let's be honest, it's usually a big bag of P-nut MnMs.
BUT! The most important thing I keep in my gym bag????
A tiny little pair of maracas I got from Dr. LP’s birthday bash which I WILL shake on every cinco de mayo and taco dinner night with COMPLETE disregard for anyone's concern, wants, or displeasure. (shhk-shk-a-shhk-shk-a-shhk)
I hope you’ve enjoyed this little dip into my deep inner sanctum! And in all seriousness… get yourself a jump rope ;-)
Not a member and want to learn how to eat better?Try our No-Sweat Intro!This FREE 20 minute Intro includes a tour of our amazing facility, a body composition scan, and a goal setting session to help you become the best you can be!Click the link below to schedule an appointment NOW!CLICK HERE TO SCHEDULE A FREE INTRO NOW